3 cups mashed, cooked butternut squash
½ cup sweetened condensed milk
2 eggs beaten
½ cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup heavy whipping cream
1 cup white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter one 2 quart casserole dish.
- Blend together the butternut squash, sweetened condensed milk, eggs, butter, vanilla, cream and sugar.
- Pour into prepared casserole dish and bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until set and edges begin to bubble.
- (Optional) Prepare a topping by combining 1 cup brown sugar, 1/3 cup flour, 1/3 cup butter and ½ cup chopped nuts. Mix together and sprinkle over squash before baking.
NOTE: Mixture will be very watery (that is OK) it will set as it bakes