A new program for beginning and experienced farmers: The Farmer’s Edge. This is a year-long course designed to give farmers the skills and tools needed to cultivate financially sustainable businesses. Whether you struggle to understand the economics of your business or just want to increase your farm’s profitability, this course is for you!
Group sessions begin in January (second Wednesday of the month) and meet on-line for 2 hours each month. The first hour is devoted to a specific business topic, such as QuickBooks or Cash Flow Budgeting. The second hour is an open discussion for participants to ask specific questions about their businesses. This “consulting collective” combines the benefits of a business workshop and one-on-one technical assistance, with the added value of peer-learning.
At the end of the year participants will have:
- Comprehensive bookkeeping systems designed to help them manage your business
- A cash flow budget and the tools to make sure they stay on track
- Systems for understanding all the costs in their business
- A strategy for how to grow their business profitability in the coming years
- Financial analysis to decide where to focus their business
In other words, they will have a plan to increase profits! Read more →