Are you a chef looking for a part-time opportunity this summer to serve up fresh, local food straight off the farm on Friday nights? We are looking for two such people or one business that can be in two places at once to take on our Friday Farm Dinners- from the menu creation to the clean up. You’ll need to ability to bring support staff (paid by you) and we provide the equipment, kitchens, the guests, and the beautiful farm settings. These dinners are family friendly and casual with seasonal menus that match the atmosphere. Check out this link for a taste of what we’re talking about: https://vimeo.com/132889856
Powisset Farm is owned by the Trustees of Reservations and is a working vegetable CSA farm with over 350 members and over 4000 program and event participants. The farm is equipped with a commercial kitchen permitted by the Town of Dover. Friday Farm Dinners are an integral part of Powisset Farm’s family-friendly events and are held every other Friday from late June through September attracting between 50-80 people. We are looking for an experienced chef to orchestrate these dinners from start to finish.
Appleton Farm is also owned by the Trustees of Reservations and is a working vegetable CSA, dairy and livestock farm with over 550 members and over 12,000 program and event participants. The farm is equipped with a commercial kitchen permitted by the Town of Ipswich. Friday Farm Dinners are an integral part of Appleton Farm’s family-friendly events and are held every Friday from late June through September attracting between 80-100 people at each dinner. We are looking for an experienced chef to orchestrate these dinners from start to finish.
Summary of Requirements:
- Work with farm’s Engagement Site Manager to create menu according to what is seasonably available.
- Add creative touches to the menu and provide diverse offerings to appeal to both adults and children alike.
- Direct all food preparation and culinary activities pertaining to Friday Farm Dinners, including recruiting and supervising your own kitchen staff.
- Make modifications to accommodate food allergies and special diets
- Available every other Friday evening (at Powisset) or every Friday evening (at Appleton) from late June through September
- Dedication to sourcing locally and sustainably
- Experience working in a commercial kitchen
- Management and leadership skills
- Ability to hire and pay your own staff for support roles (serving, prep, dishwashing)
- Serve Safe Certified
- Demonstrated experience to excel in responsibilities or BS Degree in Culinary Science
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Nicole Nacamuli, firstname.lastname@example.org for interest in the position at Powisset Farm and Beth Zschau, email@example.com for interest in the position at Appleton Farm. Interested in both? Email both of us.
About The Organization: The Trustees is an organization with a fascinating past and an exciting future. Our places are open to all and we thrive by involving as many people as possible in what we do. Founded in 1891, by a group of visionary volunteers, we preserve, for public use and enjoyment, properties of exceptional scenic, historic, and ecological value in Massachusetts and work to protect special places across the state. We have helped protect more than 50,000 acres, including 25,000+ acres on more than 100 reservations that are all open to the public. We are a nonprofit conservation organization funded and supported entirely by our visitors, supporters, volunteers, and more than 40,000 members.