Seasoned high-end catering Sous Chef with growth potential needed for busy catering operation.
This position is responsible for assisting the Owner with overseeing culinary functions for multiple catering venues and in private homes. You will manage and lead a team of associates and oversee all safety and sanitation as it pertains to the account.
Additionally, as part of the culinary team, you will be responsible for the following:
– Assist the Owner with managing cost controls and control expenditures
– Assist the Owner with planning and creating menus
– Execute production as planned weekly
– Assist in menu development, inventory, ordering/purchasing, food cost controls, training, sanitation, and personnel management to include hiring, firing, counseling, coaching and developing
– Oversee all aspects of kitchen operations including: sanitation, production, managing associates
– Produce and execute catering events
– Culinary degree preferred
– High volume production and catering experience is essential
– Excellent knowledge of current food trends
– Servesafe Certified
– Desire to learn and grow and be a part of a great team
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.