The Natick Community Organic Farm is looking to hire a can-do dynamo to run this summer’s Teen Work Crew. Responsible for most work and maintenance projects on the Farm, the Teen Work Crew mends fences, builds sheds and shelters, and splits wood, just to specify a few activities. As the leader of this merry band, you or someone you know will supervise, inspire, and troubleshoot your way to a better world by improving the infrastructure and architecture of the Natick Farm.
Major Skills and Responsibilities:
- Construct and maintain a safe work environment
- Be proficient in the use of all basic hand tools and most basic power tools
- Provide meaningful instruction in the how and dao of hand and power tools
- Adapt to the changing and sometimes unforeseeable needs of the farm
- Knowledge of small machines and light engine repair a bonus
- This position runs 8:30 to 3:30 Mondays through Thursday
- Programs start June 19th and conclude on August 25th.
- Pre-season interviews for crew to be held in March if available
- Pre-season orientation for crew on June 15th
- Pay begins at $14.00 an hour.