The Hockomock Area YMCA is a non-profit organization serving about 50,000 individuals annually from across our 15 community service area, which includes the towns of Foxboro, Franklin, North Attleboro, Wrentham, Plainville, Bellingham, Norfolk, Mansfield, Sharon, Medfield, Millis, Medway, Hopedale, Milford and Mendon. We have three full branches in North Attleboro, Foxboro and Franklin, as well as a theater arts center in Mansfield.
In addition to providing extensive onsite programming as part of our commitment to youth development, social responsibility, and healthy living, we also work outside of the YMCA walls with community members, elected officials, and health professionals to promote opportunities for healthy eating and physical activity.
Title: Part-time Vegetable Grower (Mansfield)
Dept.: Health Innovation
Summary of Position:
This position will assist with operations for the Mansfield Community Farm and Gardens, a one-acre, 45-member CSA model farm & garden project maintained through a partnership between the Hockomock Area YMCA and the Town of Mansfield. This is a seasonal, part-time position from June to mid-November 2018. Works days for this site will be Tuesday & Thursday.
- Assist Project Manager on all aspects of farm operations
- Planting crops
- Cultivating and weeding all crops
- Managing garden projects under the supervision of the Project Manager
- Helping with logistics and CSA Pick Up Days
- Building relationships with CSA members, plot holders, and volunteers in order to increase the community connection to the Mansfield Community Garden
- One to two years of growing experience
- Ability to work in a group environment consisting of professionals and volunteers
- CPR, first aid and Child Sexual Abuse Prevention certifications are required upon hire
- Know and understand Food Safety Practices and protocols (preferred but not required)
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to Marykate Bergen, Director of Community Wellness at the Hockomock Area YMCA, firstname.lastname@example.org