The New England Alpaca Fiber Pool (NEAFP) is an agricultural service provider to U.S. Alpaca farms looking to process their alpaca fiber in the U.S. on a commercial scale. We manage the pooling of raw alpaca fiber coming off thousands of farms and oversee the manufacturing process from raw fiber off the animal to finished good ready for shelf. NEAFP was started in 1997 and located in Fall River, MA. An overview of the company can be found at http://www.neafp.com .
We are looking to hire a full time (40 hours per week) production assistant to help in several different operations around the mill.
This position’s responsibilities will include (but are not limited to):
- Sorting Alpaca Fiber by Color and Grade
- Baling and Handling Fiber
- Preparing Product for shelf: Labeling, Tagging, and Packaging of finished goods
- Assisting in Washing and Finishing of Products
- Cleaning and organizing work and warehouse space
What we are looking for in this position:
- Strong Work Ethic
- Reliable, Punctual, Dependable
- Positive, Can Do Attitude
- Works well as both a team member and alone
- Attention to Detail while working at a quick pace
- Not afraid to get dirty on the job
- Flexibility, willingness to fill in roles and help where needed
- Ability to work on feet and lift up to 50 lbs
- Interest / Experience with natural fibers or textile processes a plus, but not required.
Schedule: 40 hours per week. Monday through Friday – 8am to 4:30pm
Compensation / Benefits: $11 per hour to start. Benefits available after introductory employment period.
Please share with us your resume, as well as Why would you be a good fit here at The New England Alpaca Fiber Pool (NEAFP)?
Apply here today!