The Northeast Organic Farming Association, Massachusetts Chapter (NOFA/Mass) is seeking a part-time (10 hr/wk), outgoing, self-motivated, tech savvy and organized person to manage our outreach projects.
Under the guidance of the NOFA/Mass Communications Director the Outreach Coordinator engages with farmers, consumers, ally organizations, and the general public to further our education and advocacy work in Massachusetts and beyond.
This person’s core work will involve the following:
– Promoting the enhanced TheOrganicFoodGuide.org website to farmers and consumers (1/4 of time)
– Representing NOFA/Mass by tabling at events in the region (1/4 of time)
– Pursuing new initiatives including membership development, deepening relationships with key audiences and coordinating one or more networking event(s) (1/2 of time).
– Personal investment in local organic food production.
– Ability to develop and collaboratively maintain systems to collect data (using cloud-based and other platforms).
– Well-developed interpersonal skills and comfort in communicating with a wide variety of people in person, by phone and email.
– Knowledge of social media and other electronic outreach
– Strong writing skills
– Facility and enjoyment in working with volunteers
– Access to reliable transportation
– Ability to manage simultaneous projects and make deadlines
– Maintain outreach materials in conjunction with staff
– Willingess to understand needs of and build relationships with new and long term members
– Position is 10 hours per week, with flexible hours
– Some benefits offered, not including health insurance
– NOFA/Mass membership is required
– Attendance required at NOFA/Mass Winter Conference January 14, 2017
– Occasional travel necessary for tabling events, mandatory in person meetings and two NOFA conferences – August in Amherst, MA and January in Worcester, MA
– Reliable internet/phone access is necessary to perform this remote position.
– Employee will provide basic office equipment
– Starting pay is $13-$18/hour depending on experience
How to apply:
By Tuesday, January 3, send resume, cover letter and three references to Nicole Belanger, Communication Director, by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. With questions, email email@example.com or call (508) 450-2441