CSA Distribution Coordinator – Powisset Farm
Revived as the site of a Community Supported Agriculture program, Powisset Farm in Dover, Massachusetts features a trail that explores woodlands, fields, and wetlands. Currently, The Trustees is seeking a committed CSA Distribution Coordinator to assist on Saturday mornings during CSA pick-up. Two Saturday shifts are available: 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. or 12:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. As a non-profit and a Trustees property, the farm is also committed to a level of community engagement and education that goes beyond agriculture to include community building and support.
Working closely with a staff person you will:
- Coordinate CSA distribution on Saturday mornings
- Prep for CSA distribution in an attractive yet practical manner including accurate signage, limits where necessary, and any other relevant information
- Engage with CSA members in a friendly and efficient manner
- Provide up to date information on Pick-Your-Own garden, upcoming events, new farm stand items, recipes, and cooking tips as needed
- Communication with farmer and other staff to harvest or fetch vegetables in appropriate locations to prevent contamination by birds/pests/spoilage
- Log volunteer hours
- Must be able to carry 40lb box/basket
- Standing/Sitting for periods of time
- Ability to walk on a variety of surface including grass, paved walkways, stairs
4 hours per week during the growing season. Position lasts from June to the end of October. Two shifts are available: 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m. or 12:30 p.m. – 4:30 p.m.
For more information
Contact Andrew Kelly, Assistant Farm Manager, 508-785-0339 x 3005, firstname.lastname@example.org
To explore other volunteer opportunities, visit our volunteer page at http://volunteer.thetrustees.org/