SEMAP Hiring Program Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Application Deadline March 29, 2019
SEMAP is dedicated to preserving and expanding access to local food and sustainable farming in southeastern Massachusetts through research and education. We serve farms, farmers, and the communities of southeastern Massachusetts with our primary service area covering Bristol, Norfolk, and Plymouth counties.
The Program Coordinator will plan and coordinate workshops and events for several grant-funded projects, as well as contribute and support special projects as assigned and necessary. This person will represent SEMAP as an initial point of contact in
• Implement programming for multiple SEMAP grants and projects
• Organize workshops & events to meet grant objectives
• Facilitate 1:1 sessions for beginning farmers and marketing grants
• Help coordinate major fundraising events
• Knowledge of and commitment to the nonprofit sector, especially local food and sustainable farming
• Organization skills; strong verbal and written skills, cordial, energetic and flexible; possess sound judgment, including the ability to use discretion and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic work situation as well as work alone and self-manage.
• Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to telecommute.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Google shared documents. Development software experience a
SEMAP does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and organizational need.