Supporting local agriculture is extremely important and every little bit helps. SEMAP Members receive discounts for SEMAP events, workshops, and our Ag & Food Conference. Please consider becoming a member today. Your tax-deductible contribution is a key to keeping our programs going. Through membership, you receive the benefit of contributing to a strong, thriving local food economy. Join us as we help ensure a positive future for agriculture in our region.
What we’re doing for our Farmers:
- Meeting with local and state government officials on your behalf
- Helping to grow and expand strong local Agricultural Commissions in our territory
- Educating the public on the benefits and importance of buying locally grown agricultural products
- Publishing our Buy Fresh Buy Local Guide and distributing 15,000 copies across the region
- Promoting farms and local food business online through our newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and website
- Advertising for you! Members at $150 level or higher will receive free boosted posts on our Facebook page, getting you greater exposure.
- Discounted rates on advertising in our yearly print publication, the Local Food Guide.
- Twilight Grower Series – an on-farm workshop series to help grow your knowledge and network with other farmers in the region
- Training – helping farmers learn best practices for success in our region, covering topics ranging from compliance with the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) to nutrient management, greenhouses, and crop-specific training.
- TIE Grants – Every year we offer small grants ($1500 or less) to area farmers for Technology, Innovation, and Excellence
- SNAP/EBT/HIP – We are helping farmers understand the process for getting signed-up to accept SNAP/EBT at their Farmstand, Farmers Market, or CSA, as well as assisting farmers with the application process, and onboarding them into Healthy Incentives Program (HIP)
Individual & Family Membership Levels and Annual Dues
$15 – for first time members and students
$25 – renewal of SEMAP membership
$40 – a membership for two
$75 – family membership
$250 – SEMAP Supporter
$500 – Local Food Champion
Business Membership Levels and Annual Dues
Business Members are able to submit postings for the Vine Newsletter and have their farm or business highlighted in the Local Food Guide.
$75 – Seedling Membership
$150 – Green Tomato Membership
$250 – Farm Stand Membership
$500 – Golden Shovel
Register today to become a SEMAP Member!
Individuals & Non-Farm Businesses:
Fill out the online form at the bottom of this page, or print, complete, and mail this membership form and enclose a check.
Fill out the form at the bottom of the page, or print, complete, and mail this membership form and enclose a check. As an additional step, please also print, complete, and include this business information form with your membership form to update your listing in our Local Food Guide and Online Farm Guide. Completed business information forms can also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.