Supporting local agriculture is extremely important and every little bit helps. SEMAP Members receive discounts for SEMAP events, workshops, and our Ag & Food Conference. Please consider becoming a member today. Your tax-deductible contribution is a key to keeping our programs going. Through membership, you receive the benefit of contributing to a strong, thriving local food economy. Join us as we help ensure a positive future for agriculture in our region. Our Member Benefits include:
– Meeting with local and state government officials on your behalf
– Helping to grow and expand strong local Agricultural Commissions in our territory
– Educating the public about the benefits and importance of buying locally grown agricultural products
– Publishing our Buy Fresh Buy Local Guide and distributing thousands of copies across the region
– Promoting farms and local food business online through our newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and website
– Advertising for you! Members at $150 level or higher will receive free boosted posts on our Facebook page, getting you greater exposure.
– Discounted rates on advertising in our yearly print publication, the Local Food Guide.
– Twilight Grower Series – an on-farm workshop series to help grow your knowledge and network with other farmers in the region
– Training – helping farmers learn best practices for success in our region, covering topics ranging from compliance with the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) to nutrient management, greenhouses, and crop-specific training.
– TIE Grants – Every year we offer small grants ($1500 or less) to area farmers for Technology, Innovation, and Excellence
– SNAP/EBT/HIP – We are helping farmers understand the process for getting signed-up to accept SNAP/EBT at their Farmstand, Farmers Market, or CSA, as well as assisting farmers with the application process, and onboarding them into Healthy Incentives Program (HIP)