SEMAP Outreach Intern
Hours: 8-12 weeks, 10-15 hour/week, flexible
Reports to: Program Director and Executive Director
Description: The Outreach Intern will assist with disseminating SEMAP materials and setting up informational tables at events throughout Southeastern Massachusetts.
- Provide Local Food Guides, posters, and bumper stickers to area farms, farmers markets, community events, etc
- Educate area farmers about Healthy Incentives Program (HIP) and encourage them to sign up for free equipment to accept SNAP/EBT and offer HIP at their farmstands and farmers markets
- Set up informational SEMAP table at fairs, festivals, farmers markets, and other local events, educating attendees about the benefits of local food, where to buy it, and SEMAP’s educational offerings
- Maintain and replenish supply of outreach materials
- Passionate about local food, the environment, and sustainability (and desire to share this passion with the community!)
- Valid driver’s license
- Reliable transportation
- Positive attitude
- High School Diploma
To apply: Please send resume and letter of interest to email@example.com by May 19.