SEMAP is dedicated to preserving and expanding access to local food and sustainable farming in southeastern Massachusetts through research and education.
SEMAP believes that local agriculture is essential to the health and vitality of our community and our economy. Sustaining farmers and farm businesses, and expanding access to local food are at the core of our mission. We provide technical assistance to farmers, educate the community on the importance of local agriculture, work to increase the functionality of our region’s food system, and connect all people to local food.
She represents Falmouth’s agricultural interests as founder of Falmouth Farmers’ Market in 2006, a member of the Falmouth Agricultural Commission and on the board of the Barnstable County Agricultural Society.
Her family raises Nigerian Dwarf goats and operates a small homestead in Falmouth, Massachusetts.
The BoardTodd Sandstrum - President,
Fred Ames, The Carrot Project, EastonWendy Braga,
Jennifer Marshall Grantham, Simmons Cafe and Market
Jon Jaffe, Farm Credit East
John Bullard, NOAA
Craig Dutra, The Community Foundation of Southeastern MA
- Massachusetts’ “Buy Local” Organizations:
- Bristol County Conservation District
- Southeastern Environmental Education Alliance
- AD Makepeace
- The Carrot Project
- The Livestock Institute of Southern New England
2016 Agriculture & Food Conference of Southeastern MA Sponsors:
- The Trustees of Reservations
- Farm Credit East
- Southcoast Health
- Baystate Organic Certifiers
- First Citizens’ Federal Credit Union
- UMass Extension
- Bristol County Agricultural High School
- Edible South Shore & South Coast
2016 Farm to Tapas Sponsors: