Looking to apply for a farm loan or grant?

Find applications and guidance from Farm Credit East, The Carrot Project, Massachusetts Farm Service Agency (FSA), Federal Farm Service Agency (FSA), Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources (MDAR), or Massachusetts Farm Energy Program.

If you’re specifically looking for a loan or grant for farmland purchase, check out Dirt Capital Partners, Farm Credit East’s Country Living Loans, Equity Trust, and American Farmland Trust’s Brighter Future Fund and Farmland Access, Succession, and Transition (FAST) programs.

Need farm and crop insurance?

Get insurance (crop, general farm liability, and more) and advice here: Farm Credit East, American National, Farm Commons, or National Center for Appropriate Technology. Local insurance agents recommended by other farmers include Blair Agency in Carver, Ludwig Agency in Boxboro, A&B Insurance in Westford, and Kevin Sullivan in Middleboro. You can also find crop-specific price supports and disaster relief at Massachusetts Farm Service Agency (FSA).

There are some crop insurance options for urban and non-traditional producers, too, outlined by RMA. Insurance and taxation requirements for value-added and agritourism operations are a bit different, and Farm Commons outlines them.

Seeking one-on-one financial consulting?

Apply for business assistance from SEMAP, or consult with one of our partners: Farm Credit East or The Carrot Project. TheĀ National Young Farmers Coalition also offers an interactive expense calculator.

Scroll to Top
Scroll to Top