- This event has passed.
June 30 @ 4:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Join New Entry and Soil Conservationist Qadree Willis to learn all about opportunities provided by the USDA Natural Resource Conservation Service (NRCS).
New Entry invites you to meet us out on the farm and connect with NRCS to prepare for upcoming grant applications and NRCS programs. We’re excited to work together with Qadree Williams to assist in propelling local farmers’ work forward.
This workshop will review many valuable topics and offer an on-farm, interactive experience. Some important features of the event include the opportunity to:
- Learn about NRCS Conservation programs like: EQIP, AMA, Conservation Stewardship Program
- Participate in a site assessment and evaluation of resource concerns on a working farm
- Understand the application process to enroll in NRCS grant and cost-share programs
- Build relationships with NRCS conservation staff and planners
- Gain knowledge to apply for NRCS programs before upcoming July 2021 deadlines
The event will feature a brief presentation with information on NRCS programming, followed by a field walk around Moraine Farm to learn about conservation planning with Qadree. There will be opportunities for questions, answers, and discussion throughout.