- This event has passed.
Explore Farming – Basics of Starting a Farm Business & Whether it’s Right for You
March 28, 2018 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pmFree
This free two-hour workshop and discussion is designed to help you start thinking about farming and how you can get involved in the local food system. We will discuss the basics of starting a farm business – and whether or not it is right for you. We will also talk about alternative roles that people can play within our local food system that go beyond farming.
This class is also a prerequisite for New Entry’s classroom-based Farm Business Planning Course.
In this informal workshop, we will explore:
- Agriculture in Massachusetts and New England
- The variety of roles in the food system and opportunities to get involved
- The challenges and rewards of starting a farm business
- What resources and knowledge you will need in order to start farming
- You’ll hear about the experiences of other beginning farmers and begin a self-assessment of how farming would fit into your life. Whether you decide to pursue starting your own farm business or not, we have lots of resources to share that can help you move forward in your agricultural endeavors.
New Entry Sustainable Farming Project Office
45 Merrimack Street, Suite 500
Lowell, MA 01852