- This event has passed.
“Hungry for Health” 2018 Southcoast Food Security Forum
March 28, 2018 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Second Annual Food Security Forum – Hungry for Health
University of Massachusetts Dartmouth, Claire T. Carney Library, Grand Reading Room Wednesday, March 28, 2018 | 5:30 – 8:00 p.m.
Featuring Local Health, Nutrition, and Food Security Experts:
Introduction by Caite O’Brien, Community Investor, Tufts Health Plan Foundation.
Nutrition: The Key to Healthy Aging, Christine Sullivan, 4C Collaborative and Coastline Elderly Services.
An experts panel on better nutrition and better health;
• Shirley Chao, PhD, RD, LDN, FAND, Executive Office of Elder Affairs
• Dain Lindquist, RD, Southcoast Health
• Barbara Canuel MPH, RD, CNSC, Community Nurse Home Care
• Patricia Foster, Greater New Bedford Community Health Center
A panel discussion on the local food economy and improving health;
• Stephanie Perks, MA, RD, LDN, Coastal Foodshed
• Derek Christianson, Brix Bounty Farm
• Desa Van Laarhoven, Round The Bend Farm
• Gena Mavuli, The Livestock Institute of Southern New England
Keynote by Kathryn Brodowski, MD, MPH, The Greater Boston Food Bank.
Closing remarks from Deirdre Healy, Director of Community Service and Partnerships, Leduc Center for Civic Engagement, UMass Dartmouth.
Locally sourced hors-d’oevres and opportunity to network with local health professionals, food security organizations, and food producers.