- This event has passed.
Growing Mushrooms: Developing the Northeast’s Specialty Mushroom Industry
February 12, 2020 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
A Research and Education project funded by Northeast SARE to help more farmers with growing mushrooms
JOIN US FOR A 3 WEEK ONLINE WEBINAR SERIES STARTING FEB 5TH
Click the link below to join the webinar:
The attendees of this online series can apply for ongoing mentoring as they develop and implement a business plan for growing mushrooms commercially. Ten growers will be accepted for intensive support from the project team in exchange for keeping track of labor and economic data while starting and operating their enterprise in the growing season of May 2020-Oct 2020. These growers will aim to grow and sell 30+ pounds of mushrooms per week through the growing season. The class will cover:
- Developing a mission goal and strategy
- Developing a production budget
- Developing a mushroom crop plan for the growing season of 2020.
- The classes will also include introduction to mushroom farming including, developing grow rooms, methods of cultivation and the expected economics of them
- Question and Answer periods during and after each class
When: Wednesdays 6:30-8 PM EST Feb 5,12,17. The webinars will be available on youtube the day after through Fungi Ally or Cornell Small Farms channel, links will be posted here.