This past Sunday, at the 15th Annual Agriculture and Food Conference, SEMAP announced the recipients of the 2022 Technology, Innovation, and Excellence (TIE) Awards. This year’s award-winners were selected from a highly competitive applicant pool across out region, and were selected by a committee of SEMAP staff and board members.
SEMAP’s TIE Awards are intended to promote innovation and experimentation for farmers and agricultural producers by relieving economic barriers. Applications were submitted and evaluated on their value to both their farm production and the larger agricultural community.
The 2022 TIE Award Recipients are:
- Heart Beets Farm: Tractor Mount Flame Weeder
- Friends of Holly Hill Farm: Mechanized Compost Sifter
- Northeast Maritime Institute: Sugar Kelp Production
- Slow Tools, Inc., Teal Farm & Sharing the Harvest: Regenerative Vegetable and Grain Farming System
- Slow Tools, Inc. & Bristol Aggie: Prototype Small Farm Machinery
- Cuttyhunk Shellfish: Alternative Oyster Growing
- Osamequin Farm Collective: Germination Chamber
Receiving a TIE Award also comes with a responsibility to report on findings and knowledge gained from these projects. Results will be presented to the community in a number of ways, through SEMAP Twilight Events, written stories in SEMAP newsletters, and more.
We look forward to sharing these projects with the entire SEMAP community. Congratulations to all of our TIE Award winners!