Manager Wanted: Powisset Cafe
Part-time, July thru mid-October, Dover, MA
Are you a manager looking for a part-time opportunity this summer to serve up fresh, local food straight off the farm every other Saturday during our CSA season? If you said yes, then look no further! We provide the equipment, kitchen, the guests, and the beautiful farm settings.
Powisset Farm is owned by the Trustees of Reservations and is a working CSA farm with over 350 members and over 4000 program and event participants. The farm is equipped with a commercial kitchen permitted by the Town of Dover. The Powisset Café is a new concept, providing the community and visitors with a taste of the farm, light fare, using farm fresh ingredients. We are looking for an experienced manager to manager the café and its staff – every other Saturday from July through mid-October.
Summary of Requirements:
- Work with farm’s Engagement Site Manager & Powisset Café’s Chef, and other staff to ensure a smooth operation of Powisset Farm’s Café.
- Maintain inventory of staple items needed to run café.
- Assist customers, collect money and utilize Siriusware software to process transactions
- Reconcile all transactions at the end of the day and ensure that budget and revenue goals have been met.
- Ensure that café is set up each morning and looks presentable throughout the day, including wiping down tables, bussing dirty dishes, and restocking items, as needed.
- Available every other Saturday from July through mid-October. Café hours will be 10-2pm.
- Market the Powisset Café using both online and print tools and draw onsite CSA members and other Powisset Farm visitors to the Café.
- Dedication to sourcing and eating locally and sustainably
- Experience working in a restaurant or café
- Management and leadership skills
- Available and willing to pitch in where needed as part of a team
Please send a cover letter and resume to:
Nicole Nacamuli, email@example.com
About The Organization: The Trustees is an organization with a fascinating past and an exciting future. Our places are open to all and we thrive by involving as many people as possible in what we do. Founded in 1891, by a group of visionary volunteers, we preserve, for public use and enjoyment, properties of exceptional scenic, historic, and ecological value in Massachusetts and work to protect special places across the state. We have helped protect more than 50,000 acres, including 25,000+ acres on more than 100 reservations that are all open to the public. We are a nonprofit conservation